Tags: Pipes & Fittings, Valves, Metering, Design Trends, Innovation, Products, Australasia
To fit this Quick Fit Water Meter Adapter (QFWMA), it is recommended that an appropriate license is held. This fitting is very simple – saving all concerned money and valuable downtime plus no unnecessary renovation of walls, cupboards or pavements, etc.
This fitting allows plumbers to work quickly and efficiently, even in the tightest of situations. For example, if a stop tap can be operated this fitting will fit. The footprint is the same as the handle you turn. Both the inlet and outlet are 360 degrees rotational so the placement of pipe work for either direct connecting a meter or simply connecting flow and return to a desired location is highly flexible.
The unit is designed for retrofitting in hard or unworkable access areas, for example where a shut off valve is under concrete or within a wall cavity or cupboard. The QFWMA 101 & 202 is designed to make it simple, quick and affordable to install a water meter which can be used in houses, flats, blocks of units and commercial areas quickly and efficiently. Plumbing time and effort is reduced to a minimum with painting and repairing tiles, pulling out cupboards and restoring buildings to original is no longer required. It also features 360 degree flexibility for shut off valves located in tight and difficult areas. The QFWMA101 & 202 is protected by International Patents and Copyright.
To install correctly follow these simple steps carefully:
1. Turn off the main water or supply from the street or unit block/house at the source (generally at the street).
2. Remove the tee head stop tap spindle combination and existing jumper valve ‘QuickFit Water Meter Adapter’ complete unit.
3. To start the installation process remove the bottom connector nipple (various thread sizes and pitches are available) ensuring the red fibre washer is in place, fit the nipple into the stop tap body and tighten.
4. Within the tee piece (main body) is an inner sleeve, this needs to be fully retracted into the body, check this by removing the elbow and using the Allen key provided, wind anti-clockwise until it is fully retracted.
5. Fit the tee piece, connect the union nut to the nipple, rotate the tee to the desired location and tighten. Use the Allen key to turn the inner sleeve clockwise to tighten the seal of the inner sleeve to the tap seat.
6. Fit the elbow ensuring the seal is in place and tighten when in the desired location.
7. Fit a desirable stop tap to the elbow, loop or meter then associated pipe work can be installed.
8. Turn the main water back on to test.
Using a QFWMA means a team can go through a block of units rapidly, by connecting a stop tap and loop you can quickly return supply to all dwellings, then water meters and AMR (automated meter reading) technologies can be installed when suited.